At CFTE, we’re taking Data Privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your data.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, subscribe to our communications or enroll to our courses. It also explains how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By using our website or creating an account on our online platform, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to CFTE Team, at Khazanah National, The Shard Offices, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 20 7856 0579.
Who are we?
We’re the Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship (or CFTE), an education platform and an exclusive professional network at the intersection of finance and technology. Through online courses and community events, CFTE provides the knowledge, skills, and relationships needed to successfully navigate the rapidly changing world of finance. Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship Ltd is registered in England & Wales under number 10695038 with registered office at 11 Blackheath Village, London, SE3 9LA, England.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you register to our newsletter, when you contact us about products and services or if your register to my.cfte.education our online education platform.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. You’re also invited to share your interests when you subscribe to our newsletter (Events, News, Online course, Workshops) or your Country of Residence and your company when registering to My.Cfte.education. If you purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below. When you’re enrolled in an online programme, we’re also collecting the data of your enrolment and advancement in the programme.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Verifying student identity.
- Contacting you for the purpose of:
- advising you on course information,
- assisting you to complete your courses (for example we might contact you if you have a failed module or have not logged into the Online Campus), with the aim of keeping students motivated, providing support and celebrating/congratulating top achievers, or
- other legitimate business purposes, and all communications with you for these purposes will be kept on record.
- For learning analytics purposes (and product improvement more generally), including:
- analysing student characteristics, demographics, activities and behaviours on the Online Campus, allowing us to continually improve the design of our courses for the benefit of you and other students,
- providing analytical information to all relevant personnel who are involved in assisting and supporting students to complete courses, to enable them to optimise the student experience,
- using analytical information to define key indicators to predict student success and design appropriate positive interventions, and analyse whether relevant tools are adding to the learning experience, or
- other legitimate business purposes.
- For behavioural marketing and remarketing to Website users and students, and marketing to potential students with similar interests.
- Recording, tracking and analysing activities on the website – we keep a record of all communications and interactions between you and us, all interactions in the forums, all activities, assignments and behaviours of students, all educational records, and all survey feedback which is not anonymously completed.
- Researching, developing and improving, as well as training.
- For disclosure:
- to personnel within CFTE and our third party contractors for legitimate business purposes, including but not limited to internally used software and systems providers, and courier companies for shipping of certificates (as far as reasonably necessary for them to provide their services to you and to us);
- to government authorities in response to court orders, subpoenas or other legal processes, to establish or exercise a legal right, defend a claim, or as otherwise required by law;
- to investigate, prevent or take action in relation to any suspected illegal activities, or to protect our own rights;
- to acquirers, assignees or other successor entities in connection with a sale, merger or reorganisation of all or substantially all of our equity, business or assets;
- to a student’s employer, in the event that the employer is paying for the student’s course (information disclosed in this case shall include course performance information, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing with CFTE).
- For any other purpose: for which we receive your consent, that is in the public interest, within the bounds of the laws of the United Kingdom, or at the request of a public authority.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments and send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the CFTE Ecosystem for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Third Party Academic Partners: when a course is developed jointly by CFTE and an Academic Partner, we will pass your information to the Academic Partner when you receive information about the course and/or register to the course.
When you are enrolling to our online education platform, your data is processed by a third party Learning Management System, who specialises in providing the tools and infrastructure necessary to deliver online courses.
When you are using our secure online payment page, your payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the different activities we are designing to help individuals and organisations to shape their human capital strategy, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on +44 20 7856 0579. You can also change your Privacy preferences and / or unsusbscribe to our email communications by a direct link that you can find in every footer.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you.
In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: CFTE Team, at Khazanah National, The Shard Offices, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 20 7856 0579.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information CFTE hold about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL.
When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Our web site may also use any site recording service. Site recording services may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Data collected by Site recording services is for CFTE’s internal use only. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in April 2018.