FAQ – Artificial Intelligence in Finance
Access is found through my.cfte.education, using the login/password created at registration. You can access the course on a desktop or mobile. All you need is an Internet connection.
Although there are some very good course on AI you can find online, “AI in Finance”, developed by CFTE and Ngee Ann Polytechnic, is the very first online course that walk you through you foundations of Artificial Intelligence, its applications in the finance industry, as well as the opportunities and risks of AI in the sector.
We believe “Ai in Finance” is unique because:
- We have designed a reference course with the industry for the industry. Participants will be given a comprehensive overview on the most relevant trends through a very structured curriculum.
- Participants will learn from industry leaders who work at the largest financial institutions, fast growing startups, investors and regulators.
- It gives an overview of the potential and challenges of AI in Finance, from insights of entrepreneurs who are developing AI to leaders implementing AI in financial institutions.
Send us an email to [email protected] and we’ll send you a link to a demo video!
This course is suited for a wide range of professionals who are keen to master the key elements of AI and want to understand its applications in finance.
We welcome finance professionals, technologists, entrepreneurs, consultants, lawyers and all the people who are ready to take a deep dive into the future of finance.
There are no pre-requisites for taking the course.
Participants can get the most out of the course if they have a general knowledge of Fintech and innovation trends in finance. This could be achieved through a structured course such as CFTE’s Around Fintech in 8 hours, Oxford’s Fintech course, MIT’s Fintech course or similar courses
The course has been designed to give a solid foundational knowledge about Artificial Intelligence, and how it applies to different sectors of finance.
On completion of the course, participants will be expected to:
- Have a good understanding of the main concepts behind Artificial Intelligence, including machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, machine vision, etc.
- Appreciate the developments of AI, especially in the context of financial services, and recognise its potential and limitations
- Learn to identify potential use cases of AI in different sectors of finance
- Be able to understand the opportunities and challenges of implementing AI
- Understand future applications of AI by applying conceptual frameworks
- Think of ways to apply AI to the financial industry.
You will learn a lot in a structured way, and at your own pace.
Completing the course takes around 12 hours. The course is structured in 18 modules of 30 to 45 minutes, and participants can take the course at their own pace – either in one go or over a period of several weeks or months. The course is available for 6 months from the start date.
“AI in Finance” is a core foundation course, and will not teach you to code in Python or how to use other techniques. We will however cover the main elements of AI such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Machine Recognition, and Recommendation Engine, which will help you understand their impact on finance.
We are proud to be supported by 5 senior lecturers and 18 guest speakers who drive the excellence and leadership of AI in finance. They are senior leaders from the largest financial institutions, CEOs of fast-growing startups, investors or regulators and are world-class experts in their domains. They share their insights as industry practitioners to help participants access high quality knowledge and gain firsthand experience of AI in finance.
You will learn from:
- Ayesha Khanna (Singapore) – Co-Founder and CEO of ADDO.AI, Co-Founder of the Hybrid Reality Institute, Faculty advisor at Singularity University
- Ramneek Gupta (San Francisco) – Co Head of Citi Global Venture Investing
- Jean-Philippe Desbiolles (Paris) – Vice President of Cognitive Solutions, Global Partner at IBM Watson Group
- Shameek Kundu (Singapore) – Chief Data Officer at Standard Chartered Bank
- Jon-Tzen Ng (Shanghai), Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer at Ping An Technology
- Dr. Winnie Cheng (New York) – Chief Data Scientist at Io-Tahoe, Co-Founder, CTO & Chief Data Scientist at Flowcast
- Dr. David Hardoon (Singapore) – Chief Data Officer at Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), SKBI Advisory Board Member at Singapore Management University Honorary Senior Research Associate at University College London
- Dr. Jason Mars (Ann Arbor) – Co-Founder & CEO of Clinc, Professor at University of Michigan
- Erkin Adylov (London), Founder & CEO of Behavox
- and 14 more!
The online course is composed of video lectures taught by the Senior Lecturers, readings that complement the topics addressed in the lectures, and video interviews from Industry experts to illustrate specific points raised by the lecturers.
Each of the 18 modules is ended by an Assessment Quiz to verify the understanding of the topic – a successful completion of the 18 quizzes leads to a Certificate of Completion of “Artificial Intelligence in Finance”. Each module also benefits from its online discussion forum, where participants can share, comment and exchange ideas on discussed topics.