What This Policy Covers
Information Collection and Use
CFTE collects contact information through our website when you choose to provide it, such as your name, username, or email address. For example, you may be asked to provide us with contact information when you subscribe to the CFTE Email list. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you elect not to register or provide such information, you may not be able to access certain content, features, or services available on or through the CFTE website.
CFTE uses this contact information to send you email newsletters, to provide notices about our products and services, and to fulfil your service requests. CFTE also uses contact information to send you information about new products or services; where CFTE needs your permission to do this, we only send such information in accordance with any permissions granted.
We may also collect additional information through our website, such as the following:
- ‘Free form’ demographic information (e.g. age, gender, marital status)
- Browser information (e.g. URL, browser type, ‘click through’ data)
- Ad reporting or delivery data (e.g. size/type of ad, ad impressions, location/format of ad, data about interactions with the ad)
- Device-type information (e.g. screen dimensions, device brand and model)
- Unique identification numbers (e.g. IP address and mobile/cell phone device ID)
- Location data (as derived from IP address or GPS (for mobile))
- Interest segments (i.e. inferred information on the behavior or likely interests associated with a de-vice)
- Retargeting data (i.e. data revealing previous interest in a product or website)
- Information about the possible relationships among different browsers and devices
- Information about your activities on our website and services
With respect to data collected via the CFTE, we may combine information that does not directly identify an individual with data collected from other sources and disclose the combined information to participating publishers, advertisers and ad networks so that they can determine whether to bid on ad inventory and in order to improve the relevance of the advertising presented to users. We also use the information we collect to host, operate, maintain, secure, and further develop and improve our services, such as to keep track of advertising delivery and to measure the effectiveness of advertising delivered through our services, and investigate compliance with CFTE’s policies and terms and conditions.
CFTE does not engage in activities that require parental notice or consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that CFTE has inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 that is subject to parental notice and consent under COPPA, please contact CFTE using the contact information below to request deletion of the information.
- with your express permission;
- with our affiliates, which include entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with CFTE;
- where we contract with third parties to provide certain services, such as advertising, analytics, data management services, web hosting, and web development (“Service Providers”). We ask Service Providers to confirm that their privacy and security practices are consistent with ours and compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we provide our Service Providers with only the information necessary for them to perform the services we re-quest, and Service Providers are prohibited from using such information for purposes other than as specified by CFTE;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect CFTE or our users; to enforce our terms or the legal rights of CFTE or others; or to comply with a request from governmental authorities, legal process, or other legal obligations.
We may also share and disclose other information that we collect, including aggregate information, as we consider necessary to develop and provide our Services, including in the ways described above.
CFTE may also be required to disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information of European Economic Area (“EEA”)
CFTE relies on the consent of the individual to process personal information (for example, when the user inputs personal information into the CFTE website). On other occasions, CFTE may process personal information when CFTE needs to do this to fulfil a contract or where CFTE is required to do so by law.
CFTE may also process data when it is in CFTE’s or its customer’s legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by the individual’s data protection rights (which may vary based on an individual’s jurisdiction). Those legitimate interests include improving CFTE’s Services.
Reviewing and Updating Information
CFTE takes reasonable steps to ensure that information is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use. For contact information submitted through our website, you may review, correct, update, or change your information, request that we deactivate your account, or remove your information from our direct marketing efforts, at any time by clicking on the link of our emails footer or e-mailing us at privacy@CFTE.education.
International Information Transfers
Retention of personal information of EEA individuals will be handled in accordance with CFTE’s data retention policy. Where CFTE processes personal data of EEA individuals as a data controller, such individuals: (i) may have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal information; (ii) may restrict the processing of personal information, object to processing, and/or exercise the right of data portability; and (iii) may have certain rights to withdraw consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For any requests or information regarding the rights set out above, please contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com
Information that we collect is stored using procedures and practices reasonably designed to help protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
CFTE – Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship Ltd
Registered in England & Wales under number 10695038 with registered office at
11 Blackheath Village, London, SE3 9LA, England.
VAT Number: 276 8566 45